Sleep Weight loss
The term “Sleep Weight Loss,” is really not something new. That is because it has been well documented that the amount of sleep you get does play a role in weight loss, weight gain, and/or maintaining one’s weight. Ideally while you sleep, your body is able to achieve hormonal balance and repair itself from the hard day it has had. This includes producing the right amounts of collagen and cortisol in order to achieve balance. The balances between these two are important when it comes to “sleep weight loss.”
Collagen is the biggest protein in the human body and it is the connective tissue for almost all of the body’s internal structures. As we age, collagen production slows down and it may be necessary to supplement one’s diet with a natural collagen supplement for weight loss in order to ensure that the body has the amount it needs to ward off health problems and improve metabolism. A poor metabolism hinders weight loss. In order to get a good night’s rest, your body needs to distress itself, whereby less cortisol is secreted and more collagen is produced. As with collagen, cortisol also plays an important role in how affectively our metabolism works. Studies have shown that elevated cortisol levels contribute to the buildup of abdominal fat.
How to Achieve Better Sleep and Weight Loss
- Take a nice warm bath before bedtime and use essential oils such as lavender.
- Turn off the TV at bedtime and read a book instead.
- Dim the lights in your bedroom. Lights cause the pineal gland in your brain to slow down and not secrete melatonin, which is something you need in order to get a good night’s sleep.
- Eat well-balanced meals and ensure that you are getting all of the nutrients and proteins that your body needs to achieve optimal balance.
- Supplement your diet as needed with natural supplements that will help you achieve optimal health.
Shop sleep weight loss today at your trusted natural health supplements store online.